If you are anything like myself you wear many hats. I am an entrepreneur, employee, mother, daughter, friend, etc. I may make it look easy, but I will be honest some days I have to dig deep to find the strength to keep going. Especially trying to expand my business and being a new mom.
Today was one of those days where I couldn’t get anything done, because my 4.5 month old daughter was not having it. Every time I thought she was down for a nap and began to get some work done there she was up and of course screaming for me. What’s ironic as I’m typing this she began crying and now I’m holding her and typing.
Anywho, I said all of that to say, some times you have to do what you can with what you have. I had an event this weekend and I had to make it all happen with my daughter on my hip. I wanted to do a live video tonight discussing this topic but couldn’t, so instead of making excuses I said I can still get content out by writing a blog.
Don’t allow the many hats you wear overwhelm you or keep you away from achieving your goals. Even if you can’t get everything done, do as much as you can. A little progress is better than none at all.
I want to help you through this thing called life. Again I don’t have it all figured out, but her are 5 ways I prevent myself from being overwhelmed with all that I have to do.
- Schedule in some mandatory “me” time just as you schedule everything else. Even if it’s just 30-min to an hour. This is imperative so that you aren’t lashing out at others. Because before you know it your patience will wear thin.
- Laugh at the chaos and focus on your most important priorities. Only focus on what you can get accomplished today. If you can’t get to something that is ok. Save it for tomorrow.
- Ask for help. A lot of the times we have this mindset of “I’m the only one that can do what I need to get done.” NOT SO! Lean on your support system. This is what they are there for. And if you don’t have that type of support it’s time to do some inventory and make some changes. Even if individuals in your support system can’t get major things done, they can at least pick up dinner, do some research you need done, make some calls, type something for you, watch the kids while you do some house chores, etc.
- Take a day not to do anything at all but regroup. You’re just simply not effective when you are running on fumes.
- Make adjustments. For example, I was unable to do my live video tonight, but I still accomplished to right this blog, and will do the live tomorrow. Still getting content out to my followers. I’m also going to begin pre-recording content. This will come in handy when my daughter or my job prevents me from posting live content on my social media platforms. Remember, there’s always more than one way to get ish done.
I hope this helped. Remember, you’re not by yourself. Just re-group and strategize.
P.S. Don’t forget to follow me on social media at Dr. Tiffany Zachery. Also join my facebook group “Evolve Your Amazing with Dr. Tiffany Zachery” at https://www.facebook.com/groups/419071408465268/